Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Starting Campus Quest

Well it's senior year for some high schools student we know, so we're off college hunting. In my generation, we had 7 kids that got written up in the hometown paper as that Chinese family where everybody played violin and got admitted to MIT and / or Stanford (yes it's true) fro m 1976 to 1986. That's a pretty hard act to follow, as all we pretty much had to do was have a 1 income Boeing engineer dad with 7 kids to get a nearly free ride from either school, and score in the top 95-99 percentile on the SATs, which we did without prep classes.

As I dig up stuff, I'll start leaving a trail and notes for other people. You might have seen my notes on my statistics site as I spent a lot of time commenting on the admissions / Asian quota wars of the late 1980s and mid 1990s, but this time the focus will be on tracking down suitable colleges a rung or two down from the top 5 Stanford or MIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment